Okay, I'm a Rudy Knighter now

?

Se Soaring Knight

Ba sing

I think this makes a lot of sense. But for some reason, it just doesn't FEEL right to me.

Like, I just can't imagine a world where this is true.

It might be a personality thing. Or just a me thing.

Also, what would Rudy's motivation for being the Knight even be?

Dess

Dess is lost in eternal suffering (or so they think at least) and the conspiracy seeks to free those lost and forgotten
however
that comes at a cost
the Roaring

Perhaps Dess isn't the only lost one? There could be countless for all we know, and they see the Roaring as a suitable alternative to letting those be lost in the void.
It's a moral decision for them at the end of the day, and the conspiracy could be those who chose to initiate the Roaring to free the lost ones (who are in the Angel's Heaven).
Then again, this is based on thin air so.

Super Serious Knight
Check my multi knight theory post

This is a really well put together theory, but I feel like it does't really make the most sense from the casual perspective.

Almost all of Rudy's interactions are optional, so if Rudy is ever revealed to be the Knight, a non insignificant amount of people might not even know/remember who he is.

This is especially noticeable when compared to other Knight options like Dess and Asrial. Who are both mentioned and/or alluded to in non optional moments that are giving a decent amount of emotional weight.

Although, to be fair that dialogue is pretty weird, and there is still time for Rudy to have an important non optional interaction.

I'm not saying that the game does't hide important details in optional things, (It definitely does) but the main story will need to be written around players that might not see hidden dialogue like that. (Not that Rudy himself is that easy to miss but you get my point)

Exactly this.

Optional stuff shouldn't be a requirement to understand the story, but it can be a requirement to predict how the story will develop before it's fully released.

and Rudy can do some neat stuff

I want to mention the Sword Route showing events that definitely haven't happened yet and the fact that it is optional

Though maybe not necessary to understand the story (kind of unclear tbh)

Wait.
The Shadow Mantle Holder tempts Kris by taunting them with the Mantle they're holding.
Maybe the Shelter Boss taunts Kris with freedom?

bros writing is :fire:

He's implied to be fucking dead son 618

Rudy fell down and the Doctors are almost definitely watch him closer now
Meanwhile the Knight is able to take ASGORE

@Vexodus How's Rudy KNIGHT theory doing?

Underwater with True Weird!Noelle and True Weird!Kris

Yeah well I made this before chapter 5

Ok wow (ch5 spoilers)
Rudy's just suddenly up-and-at-em at a time when the Knight'd need to be active?
Whatever deciduous hardwood mushrooms he's selling, I'm not buyin' 'em