Okay, I'm a Rudy Knighter now

Credit to youtuber PlabLord for bringing up this piece of evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHP1RL2zeM

If you don't visit Rudy in the hospital in Chapter 2, but you do visit him in Chapter 4, you get this dialogue if you select the "Susie" option:

[Rudy] Kris... why the hell... did you bring your friend here?
[Susie] I, uh... I dunno man, I... Kris, why did you?
[Rudy] Haha... HAHAHA!! It's just so crazy, you gotta laugh!

This is the face Rudy makes while laughing:

sprfacerudy7

If you try to talk about Susie again, you just get:

[Rudy] ...

He doesn't seem to like Susie very much in this scene. Or, more accurately, he doesn't know that the girl in front of him is Susie. He has heard about Susie from Noelle, but he doesn't know what she looks like. The Chapter 2 hospital visit is when he was supposed to meet her:

[Noelle] SUSIE!?!? WHY ARE YOU HERE!?
[Susie] Hell if I know???
[Rudy] Sorry guys, this game's only one-player!
[Noelle] Ummm... dad... this is... umm, Susie!
[Rudy] Ohhhhhhh! THIS is Susie!
[Rudy] Susie! Nice! Heard a lot about you!
[Susie] You, uh... have???
[Noelle] COOL, THINK I HAVE TO GO NOW!!!

But if you don't visit him in Chapter 2, he never learns what Susie looks like. As a result, he has no idea that Kris's friend and Noelle's crush are the same person.

But even if he doesn't know who she is, why is he being so negative about meeting her in Chapter 4? Unless he's mad at her for drinking all of the fruit juice in the church (which doesn't fit his personality), he should have no reason to dislike her. Unless...

:redsoul: Good, keep being a Rudy Knighter now

I BEEN SAYING THIS YALL

Welcome to the dark side.

Y'all don't need the light...

holy crack
I'm still a Multi Knighter
but I'm adding Rudy to the list

WHEN I SAY IT
NOBODY BATS AN EYE
BUT WHEN SOME CHUMP ON THE YOUTUBE SAYS IT
EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR MIND

SOCIETY

I listened when you said it.

WHEN I KISS MY HOMIES GOODNIGHT
SOCIETY
SOCIETY CALLS ME GAY
ahh

good job

:friend: :friend: :friend:

Did you bring up that hospital dialogue before? If so, I completely missed it. Sorry.

Yes, they have.


Theoney

1m

is this the only rudy knight evidence there is? cuz honestly basing a theory on one piece of dialogue is kinda risky....

but rudy does say in chapter 1 when you visit him, if you check the sink he says: "* Getting ready for tomorrow's... handwashing competition?" or something like that

No, it's not the only piece of evidence. It's just what finally managed to convince me.

Personally, I think the game is setting up so that we'll look back on this Susie dialogue and realize she was right all along:

Someone who goes to church... who knows the mayor...
Who also has something to do with the cops?
... Who the hell could that be?

Check. Check. And he's buddies with Asgore, so check.

"He has no reason to dislike her"
Bro, Rudy's MARRIED to Carol, who's famously Susiephobic, she could've lied to him and make him think that Susie's evil

He says that line even in Chapter 4, if you interact with the sink.

I think the references to handwashing are supposed to represent Kris feeling enormous guilt about something in their past, presumably something to do with Dess going missing. Toriel also makes reference to Kris often washing their hands with her saying

* Oh, Kris, er... does this sometimes.

in the concluding scene of Chapter 2, where Kris is supposed to be busy washing their hands. The Chapter 4 egg room also makes light of this habit, having the following interaction

* (It's a sink.)

* (It would be ridiculous if you painted something and there was nowhere to wash your hands.)

* (You ran water over your hands, and dried them.)

* (Between your fingers, a faint grey crease glittered stubbornly.)

* (... You can never wash it all away.)

But, as a Rudy Knighter, I'm not going to weaken one piece of evidence without bringing up another. In particular: Rudy lying to Kris. In Chapter 2's weird route, even if you're visiting the Hospital for the first time, Noelle says

* (I... I have to figure it out.)

* (Why Kris is acting so strange...)

* (Why they keep coming... to the hospital...)

When Rudy's dialogue in Chapter 1 is seemingly tries to imply Kris doesn't come around to the Hospital, with him saying the following

* Well jingle my goshdarn bells! Looks like Krismas came early!

* Alright, Kris. Just gimme the straight shot.

* Why you here?
* Did your mom make you come here?

Why is Rudy lying? A Rudy Knighter such as myself would suppose that they've been meeting before the events of the story, and are trying to keep these meetings hidden from the player. It also means that Noelle's release of confidential information in Chapter 4's weird route would've actually been the second time they did that.

Another piece of evidence, though this is more circumstantial: Carol is in on the conspiracy and Asgore (whom Rudy is best friends with) is in on the conspiracy. Carol's corkboard is in the room she shares with Rudy. Rudy's disease is implied to be a recent development (which I realize sort of flies in the face of the previous piece of evidence I offered, but whatever), in lines like

* ... So, why am I in here...?

* Well, they found some crap, so it's just some tests.

* Yeah, it's no big deal. Nothing a Holiday can't handle.

* I'll be outta here in a jiff, then I can go back to, I dunno...

It doesn't make sense for Carol and Asgore to leave Rudy out of this, especially if he hasn't been in the hospital for very long.

But Rudy is famously NOT Susiephobic. Regardless of whether you visit him or not, Noelle still talks highly about Susie to him, and he always approves of their relationship. He only gets so negative about her in this specific scenario because he doesn't know that she is Susie.

For a lie to work, Carol must first know that Rudy is supportive of Noelle and Susie's relationship. Then she needs to give him a physical description of Susie while hiding who she is and that she is the girl Noelle has a crush on (despite that being one of the main reasons for Carol's dislike of Susie). And all the effort coming up with the lie would be immediately wasted the instant Rudy is able to put a face to Susie's name.

And Rudy isn't oblivious. He knows how Carol is. Noelle frequently vents about her mother to him. Noelle is smart enough to hide her crush from her mother, and I doubt Rudy isn't just as smart. The instant Carol tries to turn him against a random girl she won't name, he will know something is up.

yes ofc there's more evidence than this

handwashing,
the fact that rudy meets all the knight criteria laid out by susie,
the fact that the hospital is somehow always blocked or locked off around the time the fountains are being made,
the fact that he's literally the only holiday that doesn't have anything yet,

and yeah everything else flamingX said

When does she have the time to do that
firstly that's stupid
but secondly when could she have done that
he's buddy-buddy if you meet in ch2, because noelle's told him about susie
not meeting him in ch2 doesn't change the fact that noelle's told him about susie
plus, he's more likely to listen to his daughter who actually knows susie

like jesus why you bending over backwards to deny something relatively simple?

good theory