[Weird Route spoilers] The saddest I ever felt in Deltarune

I put "Weird Route" in the title because that's the name most people still recognize. But from now on, I'm calling it Side B, for reasons that should be glaringly obvious to everyone to whom the spoiler tag no longer applies.

Anyway...

Man...
Even Ralsei was acting kinda weird today.
Guess he was just... worried you slept in?
I asked if he wanted me to do anything, and he was like...
He just got quiet, and shook his head.
... anyway, let's see him later. After other stuff.

Ralsei knows that you're doing the Side B, and that it will make his and everyone else's future go dark. And yet, he accepts it. If that's what you want, then so be it. Hearing about his quiet acceptance second-hand from Susie broke my heart.

This is it. I'm done. I quit. I'm not doing this anymore.

Think about this: https://undertale.wiki/d/t/prophecy-theory-as-of-chapter-5/5856?u=theorisation1, my new theory

Side B is Gaster's Device nickname, it appears on a CRT computer screen, just like an old DEVICE

We know how we used "Weird Route" as the name because weirdroute is what the game calls it in the code? This is only occasionally true. The name that the game uses the most by far is sideb.

The name it is is the weird route

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-side_and_B-side

Yes, ik

And the function that controls the route is obj_weirdroutemanipulator

Yes. That is one of the very few instances of weirdroute being used instead of sideb.

Pls watch the Sodaman vid

That's irrelevant. Do you agree with me that sideb is used to refer to the route in the code as well as weirdroute? If you don't, I can quote some parts of the code to you.

My point is: When the game displays "SIDE B" in big capital letters, it is directly naming the route.

So does Susie with "Things really took a Weird Route right now, huh?"

And the "Side B" thing is from a character's POV, as seen by the CRT look unlike the rest of the game, presumably Gaster

I mean directly. Susie isn't naming anything in that sentence. The "SIDE B" in the end is meant to be the name of the route.

Weird Route is mentioned by name thanks to Susie Gaster, so it was favored during 3&4

No. Susie is not referring to the “weird route” by name. She doesn't know about the “weird route”. She is just making an innocuous comment.

A comment only triggered on the Weird Route

Nevertheless, it is not mean to be the name of the route. Not in that sentence.

Uh guys Wierd Route = Side B when you're talking about the route that freezes enemies in Chapter 2 and make headphone users' ears go pop in Chapter 5. They have the same meaning in this context, so it's no use quarreling over it.

wait what one was that /j

No. The words “weird” and “route” don't show up anywhere together in Chapter 5, not even in the code.