Any tips against the hammer of justice?
Normal route All recruits:
- Give the AbsorbAx, the ShadowMantle, and the Dealmaker to Susie.
- Max out her healing by making a lot of attempts and saving.
- Attack the old man then heal when you have the TP.
Weird route No mercy:
- Same equipment but substitute the Dealmaker with Jevilstail.
- Get stronger by beating the shit out of every Dark Sanctuary enemy.
Weird Route has nothing to do with it. Call it All Recruits and No Mercy.
On the Weird Route, it's impossible to get the Dealmaker, which is the main difference here. But yeah, true.
Oh, true.
RC: rude buster actually gives less spare percent than healing so focus on healing
That's true, but it also uses much less TP (especially with Devilsknife), so you can technically end the fight faster with it. A bigger concern is that you have to be really good at dodging to avoid using OKHeal entirely.
When I fought him, my ass was constantly in flames because I'd have, like, 10 HP left and also I'd be short by, like, 2 TP to use OKHeal. But that'd only start happening after the easy turns were over, so it actually made sense for me to cast Rude Buster as soon as possible to impress the old man and slightly shorten the battle, then only use OKHeal for the rest of the battle. When I cast OKHeal as soon as possible instead, I'd often end up in a situation where I heal nothing and delay when I can heal next. This probably doesn't make much difference if you're not an idiot like me, but this was, in the end, what helped me beat him on the Weird Route, IIRC.
IF is the key word
(for me at least)
Susie has a healing spell, use it.
OR YOU WILL SUFFER LIKE I DID ON THAT FIGHT
Understand that the more you die, the easier it'll be. The more you use susie's heal, the cheaper it'll become. If you really need to, dedicate multiple fights to just using the heal.
Bread tastes better
Aren't there better alternatives than the mantle? As far as I remember Gerson's attacks are not dark/star based
His star-shaped attacks do use the Star element.
I had like a sixth sense for someone mentioning that exact attack lol
At least I learned a lesson of writing everything I had in mind before posting a comment - because some of ot might inevitably get mentioned right after I wrote my comment
Okay now that we've mentioned one single attack the ShadowMantle protests you from isn't it still kind of ineffective to use an armor for a single specific attack instead of something that helps you more in general???
Are there better options?