The Worst Move Mathematically Possible In Deltarune

We all heard of blunders in Chess, terrible moves that put you on the losing side of the battle.

But what if I told you Deltarune also had the possibility of blunders during a battle?

In this case, I’m defining it as any move in a battle that doesn’t progress the battle in any way or increase a party member’s survivability.

But in your opinion, which one is the worst?

What do you think is the worst move mathematically possible in Deltarune?
  • Using all party members to spare an unsparable enemy which doesn’t increase mercy (thus wasting your turn)
  • Using S. Poison and waiting for the poison to fully damage the victim
  • Pacifying an enemy which isn’t tired (TP waste)
  • Missing your attack(s)
  • Checking an enemy over and over
  • Attempting to hit a boss which cannot be damaged (except for Gerson, in which it progresses the battle)
  • Giving items to a useless party member or a member on full HP
  • Tension item usage on full TP
  • Other (reply)
0 voters

It happens to me SO OFTEN

It happens to me more than a 100 elo chess player

swooned party members being given items that doesn’t revive them could also be called a blunder (maybe)

wait
how useful are tensiongems

Mostly what I do if I’m like trying to beat a boss fast (rk) and I accidentally give the item to the wrong person so now Susie who was at full health is now at full health

dude

I don’t think you should rush it so take your time

it’s good for survivability and offense
But if you use it at full tp then smth must be wrong with ya

ik but like generally
are they something you like save a lot

I don’t

Shields exist (defend)

ig that works

“Giving items to a useless party member” as in I’m referring to flowery, Giving him items is mathematically one of the worst moves in deltarune

:plue:

I used tensiongems alot (and tension maxes) in chapter four because of the darkness thing so i could beat the titan faster

well then there, that's a mathematically horrible move for you

no? it worked really well?

that's what they're for. I used the tension gems so i could be unleashing every other turn and i beat the titan really really fast. it worked exactly as intended and it was great bc i HATEEEE the titan fight, it took me forever on my first playthrough

I mean wasting them

i guess

And not just in deltarune! In undertale, imagine checking sans over and over, confused, while he decimated you.