Reworking shop tables

Summary

As the title suggest, I would like to update shop tables. At the moment, the tables only provide the name of the items, their prices, and additional notes about the items when necesarry.

I believe this approach is flawed, as it forces users to search relevant information in other places when it could easily be included in the table. Because of this, I made a draft where the following format is used for the shop tables:

New format

General

Location/Vendor Item Type Description Effects Price Note
The location of the vendor
(Addisons, Pippins)
The vendor of the item
(bake sale. flower item shop)
The name of the item, the item's overworld appearance may be included if it is presented in the shop Consumable
Armor
Weapon
Key Item
The Legend of Tenna
The item's shop description (absent if the shop doesn't provide any) +numberHP (Consumables)
+numberAT/DF/Magic, Ability (Armor/Weapons)
Description of the effect (Key Items)
Price of the item A note if additional information about the item is required

Spamton

For Spamton's shop, I though that providing the information displayed in the shop and the real should be included, resulting in an unconventional table format that has presents the items' real and fake names and effects.

Conclusion

What are your thoughts on my suggestion? Should the format that I proposed be altered in any way?

I don't think I agree with this approach. This seems to duplicate information that we already have on dedicated item pages, and I don't think that many of these columns are necessary to include in a vendor page. Keep in mind that tables that are this wide do not play nice on mobile, and we have had to cut down excessive table usage in the past (see 7 Colored Flowers).

I believe we should keep only the "Name", "Price", and "Description" columns, and possibly the "Notes" column depending on how necessary they are.

Apologies for the late response.

I don't agree with the concern, the main goal of this change is to provide all the shop information that the current format is not capable of covering.

I can see this being an issue. Altough not all the columns are usually present, they can create large tables. I could see getting rid of the "Effects" column in cases in which the item's description already provides them, and (maybe) also the "Type" column in general.