Possible quote misattribution

Jackenstein's page attributes the quote "YOUR TAKING TOO LONG" to Jack himself:

I'm not sure if that's technically true because "YOUR TAKING TOO LONG" (specifically, the version without any punctuation) isn't said by Jackenstein but rather his pumpkin which is a separate character that can be interacted with independently:

I agree. It should be attributed to Jackenstein's Pumpkin.

Fun fact: I was curious about what was the name of the Pumpkin, so I checked the sprites. The Pumpkin and the mouth are two different sprites (to make the laughing animation possible). The Pumpkin with no mouth is called jackenpumpkinlaugh_nomouth, and it's mouth is called guywhoappearswhenyouhavetakentoolonginaghosthousebutjustthemouth.

Edit: That only applies to the pumpkin NPC. See my newer post.

Guy Who Appears When You Have Taken Too Long In A Ghost House is a peak name we should do it /srs

Wow Toby good file name

Now I’m wondering what the small pumpkin’s file name is (the one who went “your taking too long ;)”)

Is there a separate page for Jackenstein’s Pumpkin?

There isn't, but IMO he definitely deserves to be added to the Dark Sanctuary NPCs article.

Yeah that would make sense

It appears I was a tad too hasty and made too many assumptions. Here's the full story:

A whole bunch of text

A complete pumpkin (head + mouth) called guywhoappearswhenyouhavetakentoolonginaghosthouse is used throughout the fight. It has a basic laughing animation that does not use multiple sprites.

A pumpkin head with no mouth called guywhoappearswhenyouhavetakentoolongbutgotanastysurprise AND a pumpkin mouth called guywhoappearswhenyouhavetakentoolonginaghosthousebutjustthemouth are used in the "turn that smile upside down" animation during the first Unleash.

After the animation, the pumpkins used in the Unleash segments (all complete pumpkins) are called jackolantern_frown when they're red, jackolantern_stunned when they're yellow, and jackolantern_cry when they're currently touching the SOUL.

The sprite I mentioned before, jackenpumpkinlaugh_nomouth, is only used for the pumpkin NPC outside of battle. It is combined with the [...]butjustthemouth to make that laughing animation.

There's also guywhoappearswhenyoudroppedyourtutu, and it's hand jackohandtern.

jackolantern_but_politer ˙ᵕ˙

The small pumpkins from the last maze are small_jackolantern.

But those are just the sprites. The objects are all called jackolanterns, except for the pumpkin NPC, which is called jackenstein_pumpkin.

IDK

Doesn’t he say it in one piece of dialogue before the first pumpkin attack

He does, in fact:

...GO BACK... ... YOUR TAKING... TOO LONG...
YOUR TAKING... TOO LONG...!!!

But I think this quote is easy to mix up with "YOUR TAKING TOO LONG", so I clarified that I was talking about the version with no punctuation.