My only two problems with Chapter 5

I LOVE this Chapter to bits, and it might finally dethrone Chapter 1 for me, but I do have two problems.

The first one is probably something the rest of you have: Not enough Asgore screen time. I do not exaggerate it when I say he had a short 13 minutes in the entire Chapter. Maybe 14 if you count the optional Light World scenes. The only direct impact he ever has is sending you back to the Light World and getting kidnapped. Heck, maybe a boss fight is asking for too much (then again he had no qualms shoving Susie and Kris onto the roadside so maybe not), but I still wanted him to DO more stuff. I'm glad he got over the divorce and the disaster all those years ago though. That was nice.

My other problem is actually my biggest one. The boss encounters were the most repetitive in this Chapter then any other Chapter. It's literally JUST the Seven Colored Flowers and their bullet patterns (if you even count the bullet patterns). Did you know that Toby reused Aqua 5 separate times? Yeah, 5. I'm not exaggerating. I LOVE Aqua so I'm not complaining but that's already EXTREMELY telling. In fact, my favorite boss in this Chapter is the Trashy Trio for the fact they're the only boss in the Chapter that ISN'T just the Seven Colored Flowers (aside from Pink but she became an honorary member so I doubt she even counts for much). This would be slightly more forgiveable if Toby threw in a few Unique Enemy encounters in, but he chose THIS Chapter to add NONE.

I still love this Chapter but I'm not going to go preaching it's perfect.

You gotta admit it has the best OST yet tho

Actually, when you go back and reanalyze the scene with the knowledge you get at the end, he actually pushes them out to keep them safe. He’s clearly scared that something will happen to them if you look at his face portraits, it’s just that Flowery made it seem like Asgore now hated them.

The seven colored flowers are different characters, with different fights. The boss battles aren't repetitive just because the characters all technically belong to the same group.

Yeah, it's “telling” that she is a menace who likes to intervene with other people's battles.

We could probably have gotten more Asgore content, :plue:

You didn’t play shit how do you know

I have my wayseth

No, no it doesn't. That title goes to chapter 4 maybe chapter 2

Sunset of Seven Suns

Cutie Mew Mew Magic

Flower Man

Garden of Hopes and Dreams+Opening with Sakura petals

Running Sky

Petal Dance

I can see the argument to be made for 4 but the 2 one is plain :jalse: in my eyes

Seth also shows up 4, and if you don’t count the bullet patterns the rest show up at least twice.

And the only time Aqua was actually showing up as a “menace” was the Netskie battle. Every other time minus the first time she was just there to help.

And the problem doesn’t come from the fact they’re all part of the same group, it’s how often they’re reused. Not even counting the bullet patterns.

The fights are different. Both conceptually, and bullet pattern-y. The six flowers appearing in Flowery's battle makes the game better, not worse. Aqua suddenly showing up in other people's battles to start throwing knifes makes the game better, not worse. Seth commanding Shinobeetle and Shi and trying to cover those enemies's weaknesses makes the game better, not worse.

You can complain about Aqua being the boss at the end of the Garden and one of the bosses at the end of the Cliffs, but I still wouldn't agree with you. The gag of Seth using the “battle data” of our first encounter with Aqua isn't something I would be willing to give up.

is it :pirate_flag:

you https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tBlN4I9uWNw

or is it :realmike:

My problem is with the lake

that's a gag?!

WH4T TH3
...
WH0 L34K3D

remember palladium

you promised.

me with my 2-second memory trying to remember what I said 1.9 seconds ago:

LARPER MAN, LARPER MAN

WITH HIS HEAD, IN THE SAND

that's it


Watercooler, finish them.