Looking for SPOILER FREE info on chap5 weird route

TO: yes I would know because I did it 5 times

oh cripes

:friend:

It doesn't break your save slot, but you won't have a chapter 5 save file since there are no save points in the light world for the whole duration of the sequence.
The chapter 5 save file does not get created BUT the game flags your save slot with "_b" meaning you have done everything correct if you can see that in the %appdata% or someplace like that.
Then we'll just have to wait to chapter 7 to see all of it in action

Woah I got solution'd

ahhhhh
that's where i got my facts wrong

op said they're on switch
they can't look at the files

Damn I missed that lol
Well in either way if you saw the "insert chapter 7 side b" screen you should be fine lol

I did, cool

so like, is there some investible chap 5 save file or something? What happens if I start a new save on the same slot, or if I continue from my chapter 4 weird route again.

You'll just replay the whole sequence again, as there's no actual save file created. As I've said the game does flag that you've completed the ch. 5 sequence though.