Incomprehensible rant about groups of people close to equaling 7

So you know how Pink is the bonus 8th (and/or 9th depending on how you count it) member of the 7 Colored Flowers?

You know Mancountry, with the 7 Flying Aces, who only have 6 in Mancountry and have 2 other Rudinns who might be extra members? (The pixel one in the Chapter 4 Man room and the suspicious color-changing one in Castle Town)

Well, the Ace who talks about how they were monochrome copies colored in with care is always colored pink, unlike the other aces whose colors are randomized. Does this actually symbolize a parallel between these two groups, or am I just really tired? No idea. Something something copies are monochrome Velveteen Rabbit Velveteen Rabbit colored in with care.

You know who else follows the "secret additional character in a preestablished group" pattern? Spamton. How many Addisons are outside his shop after you beat him? 6. Add Spamton to that group, it equals 7.

How many members of the Chapter 1 Royal Court are there? There are the 4 Kings, plus Lancer, Rouxls, and Seam. That's 7. But wait, there's one more. Jevil is the secret 8th.

Does this mean anything? No.

I mean this would fit in with the entire 'additional member of an rpg party in a game structured around having three party members' thing that's been happening with Noelle/a tiny bit with Lancer that one time/etc.

I wouldn't sell this short! Deltarune has a thematic fixation on rpg/game writing conventions that I think is worth poking at with a stick.

/edit: I would ALSO say there's something really weird about Castle Town Rudinn that people have not been discussing:

the cutting room floor text for Chapter 5:

"No one can complain. The only person who might complain is not in this place."

You are definitely really, really tired

so in short, there are several groups that we're lead to believe only have seven members... in which there's a secret eighth?
how many chapters are there again?

I don't think Castle Town Rundinn is an ace; their progression is seen during the events of the main game, so they can't hae historically been a member of that group.
However, they do certainly know something...
Something they maybe shouldn't know...

the chapters already do kind of fit this "7 members with a secret 8th" theme too...

there's chapters 1-7, and the "secret" chapter 7B (which is implied to be really different from chapter 7)

but yeah I don't think any of this means anything unless Toby was hinting at chapter 7B the whole time (he wasn't)

Wait...
Wing Gaster is accociated with the number 6.

the castle town Rudinn can absolutely be an ace, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Sure, they seem to have come from the card kingdom, but that doesn't mean they're not an ace, since Kris could've lost one in the unused classroom beforehand, similar to the ace in Ch4.

this argument is valid, but actually, if you think about it, 7B is really the sixth chapter, since side b skips Ch6. since 6 is associated with Gaster, this could mean that he only appears in side b (or at least is more prominent in it). I still think there could be an eighth chapter, though.

The castle town rudinn is strange in ways beyond even the flying aces weirdness, check trivia on deltarune wiki and stuff from chapter 5 on tcrf.

Aren't they a normal(ish) Rundinn in chapter 2?

yes! slowly are turning blue, and... eh i'll just link the page:

https://deltarune.wiki/w/Castle_Rudinn

I'm not sure what the deal is with that, but they certainly aren't exactly like the rest of the rudinns

also unrelated but I just now realized that the pattern on rudinn's abdomen is diamonds in a row
I always thought it was a zigzag thing, like charlie brown

I have a thought on what's up with the castle rudinn, but it is uhhhh.

You know how some people connect everything to gaster? I have my own personal evil 'why is nobody talking about this' thing, where there's Literally an unused placeholder named Enemy/Echidna that people keep overlooking, despite 'known quantity' showing up in seth's bullet patterns extremely recently in chapter 5, and people talking soooo much about how the image_ and device_ designations indicate friend existing in a different layer of the world of deltarune while ignoring the Literal Thing In The Depths Of Deltarune That Most Enemies Are Based Off Of.

(This is a link to a halfbreadchaos video on the topic, but it's multiple years old now and doesn't mention stuff currently mentioned on TCRF like weather doll.)

tcrf: https://tcrf.net/Deltarune#.231:_Enemy

https://tcrf.net/Deltarune/Chapter_1/Unused_Enemies_and_Encounters#Unused_Encounters

I thought that was a placeholder thing...? Huh.

Yeah, but not all special Rundinns are aces.

it's still the same color as the blue aces

yeah but that doesn't mean they're a part of the aces
the aces are the aces
the castle town Rundinn obtained knowledge, but individually
the aces are a group, not a state of being

the placeholder enemies for some strange reason are getting their funny placeholder 'KNOWN" + "QUANTITY" s namedropped by seth's attack in the same places as "IMAGE" and "FRIEND" is getting namedropped.