HOLY FREAKING CRAP OH MY FREAKING GOSH I CAN'T FREAKING BELIEVE THIS

TOBY KNOWS UTY BALL

massive uty spoilers ahead

ok so undertale yellow, right? it's about clover, the yellow soul human. yellow.
one of the main corrupt forces in uty is integrity, who clover actually comes to hate over the course of the pacifist route. integrity, the blue soul human. blue
YET IN CHAPTER 5, IT'S SPECIFICALLY YELLOW AND BLUE THAT "LIKE" LIKE EACH OTHER

AUUUUUGH

uh

it could just be a sans thing you know

bro that combination is like 1 in 15
that can't be a coincidence

yeah but

Coincidence.

Did someone edit Timpaw to say that?

no editing

Someone, not thee.

oney?

what are you talking about
whah
I don't...
wha

That is not at all what happens in UTY pacifist. The integrity soul lashed out out of fear and panic, and then got chased down by Axis. The integrity soul isn’t really talked about too much, and the human themselves isn’t really mentioned too much outside of being the source of the determination for the serum. The integrity soul plays a much bigger role in Genocide which is what makes Clover gain the LOVE needed to kill Axis.

I think that Blue and Yellow having a relationship in deltarune and Integrity and Justice being the two most important souls in UTY is just a coincidence.

I really don't think it's a coincidence, though. this is exactly the kind of reference that Toby would include. it's not impossible for it to be a coincidence, but it's not really likely either, and Toby just has so many obvious references like that.

Another thing is that Toby wrote almost all of the story for deltarune before chapter 2 came out (2021), with a significant amount of chapter 5 going back to 2016. The full version of UTY came out in 2023, and I don’t think the blue soul’s importance in UTY was teased beforehand in any way. That would have been a really big change to make so late in the development cycle just for a reference that most people wouldn’t notice.

Plus it’s not that big of a coincidence? It’s basically you and another person both choose a random number from 1-5 and both get 3.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for it to be a reference, I’m just saying it’s pretty unlikely. It would be awesome if it were though.

tl:dr, the timing just doesn’t line up

that said, blue and yellow aren't really really major characters, so a change like that wouldn't hurt the story that much

I did the math already
it's 1 in 15

Son

Yes, but also no at the same time - you’d have to rewrite the relationships between a lot of the flowers if you change them. Think about swapping Seth and green for example, and how much you’d have to change to make that work.

what you sad is 1 in 25, when it's actually-
wait
does the math again
ok I somehow messed up and it's actually 1 in 30

No it’s 1 in 25

Both start from yellow and choose one of the remaining five

The odds that they chose blue are 1/5 each

The odds that they both choose blue are 1/5 * 1/5 which is 1/25