"Asgore's "you know what"" is a weird scene (Asgore know more than we think)

OK, I know that his "you know what" is just his flower shop, but it is kinda weird that they say it like that? Why would they keep it a secret when it's right across the street?

Also, apparently Carroll has been donating to it for what ever reason. I guess she just likes his flowers.

Also also, has anyone else noticed that Rudy never talks about Asgore the way he talked about Rudy in his alarm clock dialogue? It kinda seams that there relation ship is kinda one-sided. (Which seams to be a common thing for Asgore's relation ships, Kris, Toriel, ect.)

Asgore has huge social issues. (Also he know the shelter code. Check the reply.)

Literaly just realized this as I was playing chap4 right now. ASGORE KNOWS THE CODE TO THE SHELTER! I have not seen anyone else talk about this (If this is already a known thing let me know). But Susie discribes someone who knows all three codes as being: "Someone who gost to church" "Knows the mayor" "and has something to do with the cops" Asgore fits all three. We know form Alvin that he goes to church at night.

He also could be the one hiding behind the door but I highly doubt it.

Rudy is pretty tight with Asgore. He's just doesn't have a ton of opportunities to share it, since he doesn't have that many lines of dialogue. He does have a few, though. Like these lines from Chapter 1.

* Oh hey... now that Asriel's off to college...

* Y'think he's doing any CRAZY parties, like me and your dad?

* Heh, I'm just pulling your leg. Your dad was no party animal.

* Your MOTHER on the other hand...! Whoo!

* She'd always fuss about going, but once the party started...

* Yikes, man!

* Once she hit me clear across the room with a key lime pie!

* I got smashed into the snack table and toppled everything!

* Tasty pie though. Couldn't complain.

There's also the fact Asgore keeps bringing flowers to Rudy, and how Rudy is always willing to make a good-natured joke about the flowers.

* (It's a bunch of roses in a glass container.)

* Hey, I'm happy your dad brought me flowers, but...

* Roses!? What is this, man? Beauty and the Beast?

* That ain't gonna work, man! We're both beasts!

* (It's a bunch of roses.)
* (They seem healthy.)

* Kris, I love your dad, but...

* Asgore, if you wanna go to prom with me, just ask!

[Susie] Woah, the hell is bringing you flowers?

[Rudy] Hey, what's wrong with a married man getting flowers?

[Susie] ... So your, uh, wife gave them to you?

[Rudy] Nah, HAHAHA! I'm messin with ya! Kris's dad did!

[Susie] (Not gonna try to understand this.)

[Rudy] Flowers? I'm trying to heal, man! Not get hayfever!

[Susie] ... Should Kris tell him to stop?

[Rudy] What? Hell no! When did I say that? Hahaha!

I think it's just the matter of the two of them not having much on screen time together since they're both somewhat "rare" characters. Rudy's stuck in the hospital, Asgore's busy doing whatever it is Asgore does. I am very much looking forward to their first scene together, though.

Oh, cool I actually have never seen many of these lines. Rudy is very casual about things, which can sometimes give the impression that he cares less, along with his little screentime like you said. Looking at these lines it looks like they're a lot closer than I thought. (Although I still stand by the fact that Asgore is not very good at talking to people like Toriel and Kris)

Yeah I always thought It was the flower shop. I think basically everybody on the wiki knows that asgore nose that the nose nose that he knows the shelter code

Yeah. I just never saw anyone else even mention it. I was replaying chap4 when I paused to make this topic and saw Susie's shelter questioning dialogue like 2 minutes later and got so excited for finding something I never noticed before that I made that addendum. Still weird I've never seen a discussion about this line till just now.

ehh.. not a lot of discussions about little details like these are made. its cool you made one though

like for example:

if you down kris during the chapter 2 fight with sweep capn cakes they don't dance at the ending when Susie and ralsei learn to dance by themselves and instead just stay like:

what if they're talking about
s o m e t h i n g
e l s e ?

Asgore's friends with Rudy who's married to Carol so they know each other

screeen time issues not relationship issues

:krisplat: :ralsplat: :asgore:
oof

quite known in fact

so does some other people

you never know...until you do

I believe his "u know what" is his obsession with Dess, quite obvious if u see the Asgore cutscenes in the Holiday Household

I have seen that cutscene. I feel like you could read this scene either way. She could also be talking about something else more recent that we might not know the details of yet.

Ok, I feel like most of these points have been made and addressed in previous replies, but about that point about Carroll knowing Asgore.

Yes, I did know that they would know each other but that was not what I was asking. (It's a very small town, I'm sure almost everyone knows each other)

I was saying that Carroll seems to like Asgore and his flower shop enough for it to be commented on by Toriel. (otherwise, why even specify that she does this) Which I find notable.

Along with the fact Asgore is payed by Carroll to do her gardening, and his black shard, I feel like there is a lot more to there dynamic that we might see in chapter 5.

Actually, (just saw this) the weird white thing outside of Asgore's shop says:

"It's a shame he lost everything after he... You know."

Then: "Well, I hope for your sake he quits being so... obssessed with that stuff."

It's not exactly the same but it seems like pretty good evidence for your idea.

That last line could also have a double meaning as in Asgore's obsession with his relationship with Toriel.

Yay

the balch shar