A very strange problem I have with the newer chapters

I have a very strange problem with chapters 3-5 that I haven’t seen anybody talk about: the lack of normal enemy encounters.

If you look at chapters 1&2, there were a lot of enemy encounters. There was one pretty much every other room, and often several per room. Additionally, for most enemies, you encounter more than you need to recruit them all.

Chapter 3 does an okay job at this. There are a lot less encounters, but still more than enough for each enemy to be recruited.

Chapters 4&5, however, is where it really becomes an issue for me. They focus a lot more on their movement gimmicks, which while really cool, they kind of leave normal enemies in the dust. The chapters are much longer than previous chapters, but have much fewer enemies. For several enemies in these two chapters, there’s only enough encounters with it to recruit it. There’s several rooms between each encounter, and they don’t even last that long. Floradinns are particularly egregious imo. They were hyped up before the chapter as the rudinn equivalent, and then there’s a single encounter with two of them, and that’s the only floradinn encounter in the entire chapter, while there were many rudinns in chapter 1. We also know that there was the capability for there to be normal enemy encounters in the platforming sections, and that’s only utilized for a single enemy (if I remember correctly).

tl:dr; not enough enemy encounters in chapters 4&5

I agree with this statement. :thumbsupkris:

Leafling

And yes, I do think this is an issue
In my opinion, it's not as bad as you describe it, but yes, these chapters could absolutely use more encounters

I mean, Ch. 4 has more than enough
Ch. 5 on the other hand has little to none
Seriously I also noticed this as well

I'd agree that chapter 5 doesn't have much unique normal battles, but I think that chapter 4 has an even split between normal battles and climbing sections

Not sure about my opinion of Chapter 4 but for Chapter 5 I agree wholeheartedly.

Let's also remember that Chapter 5 is the only Chapter that doesn't have a single Special Enemy encounter.

There’s a triple floradinn encounter in the room where you meet Starwalker if you backtrack if I remember correctly. so it’s technically not a one time encounter (also a great money grinding spot because of scythemare)

I still agree though. Like, I’m pretty sure most of the chapter 5 enemies are only found in 1 or 2 rooms, with the only examples that I know of that appear more than that being netskie, shinobeetle, shi and terakota, which is a real shame because all the enemies are fun to fight imo. Sheary and netskie aren’t even able to be re-fought as far as I’m aware which makes it even worse.

That's not a problem, that's a solution. By limiting the amount of times the player fights the same enemy, every encounter feels unique and interesting. This is a good thing.

I agree, but look at chapter 2 it has a lot of unique battles and it feals so good when you encounter a cool new battle

I feel the same way about Chapter 5 enemies. Encountering the same enemy multiple times would not help with that.

i find this real annoying lol

i remember, on my first playthrough of ch5, i had 2/3 shinobeetles recruited. and i got kind of scared that i'd missed something, because i thought i was closer to the end than i actually was
so i backtracked to the room with the shinobeetle encounters, to make sure i at least recruited them
and then, when i got to the actual 3rd shinobeetle encounter, i was a bit miffed because it turned out that was entirely redundant

Same thing happened to me

...Wait

there's NO individual Floradinn encounters?!

Well there is one but it’s mostly a joke cutscene

wow
this is
shocking

Why? Many regular enemies don't have solo encounters. The ones that do are exceptions.

Quoting Andonuts from my horrible ass memory:

Eat shit, fuckers

Or something like it

Also profoundely agree on the post
We also need that umbrella Oni as an enemy

that's just netskie, I thought?

Only one, the others are true